What we did
More families were needed to adopt children in care in Lambeth, especially Black boys.
But the interest from Black communities was low.
We did research and talked to people in the community to identify behavioural beliefs, social norms and control beliefs that existed around adoption. From these insights we were able to identify ways to challenge attitudes around adoption in this community.
The campaign includes a powerful film which tells the aspirational story of a boy from Lambeth who becomes our first black prime minister, illustrating the invaluable part that adoption played in what he accomplished.
Who we did it for
This campaign was delivered to prospective adopters mainly in the Black community.
- Our campaign film ‘Future History’.
- 4-fold increase in adoption enquiries.
- Reach over 7m (UK – not just Lambeth.)
- Enquiries from as far afield as Scotland.
- Spend £0.002 per person reached.